Archive for Hockey
Some creative sports fans who celebrate Easter are getting creative with their gift giving this season. Recently we saw a couple great images of Easter Baskets we really loved where Upper Deck packs and were cards were used. The first one is for a younger collector who loves NHL® hockey cards and it came out really nice.
And then was an Easter Basket for an adult collector from his wife with a little more higher-end chase involved.
If you are looking to put together an Easter Basket for your loved one who loves sports, make sure to include some Upper Deck packs, insert cards or even memorabilia.
It’s Throwback Thursday so let’s go back through Upper Deck’s trading card history and come up with a fun giveaway. The 2014 NHL® Playoffs kicked off last night and the Montréal Canadiens had a thrilling Game 1 OT win over the Tampa Bay Lightning. Daniel Briére made a fantastic pass to teammate Dale Weise who scored the game winning goal. So let’s put up a throwback card and see if our fans can come up with some great captions for the card! Please share your comical caption to this card for your opportunity to score five (5) packs of 2013-14 NHL® Fleer Showcase!
Important Promotion Guidelines:
- You can only submit one comment per email address so think about it before you post.
- Comments are moderated so keep them clean and in good taste as we have a lot of youngsters on these pages. Comments deemed inappropriate will not be posted or eligible to score card set(s).
- Make sure to review other caption before you post. If you have the same comment as someone else or make slight improvements to it, the credit will go to the first person who posted the comment.
- You have until Friday morning, April 18 at 8:00 a.m. PT to post your caption before this promotion is closed.
- Upper Deck will review the captions posted and select one (1) fan who most skillfully share a comical comment to coincide with this card.
- Only the customer selected to receive the card packs will be contacted via email, so please make sure to provide an accurate email address when you leave your comment.
By now most collectors know it is a special year to collect NHL® cards with Upper Deck’s Double Rookie Class in full effect for 2013-14 hockey releases. Savvy collectors also know that now is the time of year where more serious hockey products begin to make their way to the market and a product that has been getting more and more buzz is the 2013-14 NHL® Fleer Showcase release. Recently we shared some preview images which really got fans excited, but the key drive to the product is the rookie autograph patch cards.
Falling at one per box on average with two levels of rarity, the rookie autograph patch cards will be high in demand with collectors and should provide a lot of fun chase with some many awesome patches used in the product. Take a look at some live images of rookie autograph patch cards in the product from the product pack out!
Andrew Long had a popular web series a few years back called “Packs to the People” where he would share the fun of opening new Upper Deck trading cards with random every day people. As we enter our 25th Anniversary here at Upper Deck, we wanted to bring this excitable character back to share everything fun about the hobby with potential collectors.
Some people say that kids don’t care about trading cards anymore, but what Andrew found in his premier episode is that kids DO love trading cards and get a kick out of opening new packs. Take a look at what happens when Andrew Long takes packs to the people!