May

Upper Deck Throwback Thursday Create the Caption Promotion: Mike Richards

By

It’s Throwback Thursday so let’s go back through Upper Deck’s trading card history and come up with a fun giveaway. The LA Kings made history last night beating the San Jose Sharks in Game 7 of the 2014 NHL® Playoffs, coming back from a three game deficit. Kings forward Tyler Toffoli had a great goal last night to effectively put the game on ice for the Kings. Toffoli is a member of Upper Deck’s NHL® Double Rookie Class and showed last night why fans should be after his cards. Toffoli too young to have a TBT card, but Mike Richards of the Kings sure isn’t, so let’s put up a throwback card and see if our fans can come up with some great captions for the card! Please share your comical caption to this card for your opportunity to score 5 packs of 2013-14 NHL® Fleer Showcase!

Upper-Deck-Throwback-Thursday-Mike-Richards

Important Promotion Guidelines:

1. You can only submit one comment per email address so think about it before you post.
  2. Comments are moderated so keep them clean and in good taste as we have a lot of youngsters on these pages. Comments deemed inappropriate will not be posted or eligible to score card set(s).
  3. Make sure to review other caption before you post. If you have the same comment as someone else or make slight improvements to it, the credit will go to the first person who posted the comment.
  4. You have until Friday morning, May 2 at 8:00 a.m. PT to post your caption before this promotion is closed.
  5. Upper Deck will review the captions posted and select one (1) fan who most skillfully share a comical comment to coincide with this card.
  6. Only the customer selected to receive the card set will be contacted via email, so please make sure to provide an accurate email address when you leave your comment.

Categories : Hockey

62 Comments

larry robidoux
May 1st, 2014 at 8:50 am

Right this way…

I knew they were trying to trick me when they said i should bring 2 sticks on the ice! but hey,i got twice the chance to score now!

Stick fitting time…Yahooooo

“Does this outfit make my butt look to big?”

Ted Dastick Jr.
May 1st, 2014 at 9:03 am

Exit, stage left.

“Tadaaaa”!!!!

Okay lady you got your picture yet?

If I STICK with this, I may be a KING someday!

Gotta put the biscuit in the basket.

I knew ballet would eventually come in handy…………

hmmmmmm….. looks like i am going to need the right guard

Eric Hollington
May 1st, 2014 at 10:02 am

Oh man I shoulda had a V8 instead of that Big Mac before the game?!~?!

which way did he go George? which way did he go? I thought I saw a puddy tat.. which way did he go?

Brian Hutchison
May 1st, 2014 at 10:27 am

Let it go! Let it go-o! *Frozen

He’s got the whole stick, in his hands, he’s got the whole stick, in his hands…

GO KINGS GO

Can I Bauer your stick please?

“Man, if that Upper Deck logo hadn’t been there I would have fell right on my face”

Catch Me If You Can!

Im About To Score! Yes! Yes! Yes!

“Hey Mike you know what me and you have in common?” Mike “what?” “Next week, we’ll both be watching the Stanley cup on television!”

Its going down, I’m yelling timber!! You better move, you better dance!!

Elana Rosenbauer
May 1st, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Driving to card shop $5 in gas
Buying a pack of 2005-06 Upper Deck hockey $3.99
Having proof Mike Richards cheats, Priceless!

Never thought I’d end up in LA!

GRADY MALACHOWSKI
May 1st, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I AM SO GLAD THAT I DON’T PLAY FOR THE PHILTHYDELPHIA CRYERS ANYMORE!

4 in a row, next victim please

I knew it shouldn’t have been this hard to stick-handle even for the NHL, geese!!

Is it a dot? Is it a ball?? No wait it is just 4 wins that we stole from you! Stanley Cup here I come!

Kenora – next exit left

Dancing with the stars er flyers! LA here I come!

My Momma said there would be days like these when nothings goes right for me

“Hey! There’s a stick in my armpit. That’s two minutes for s-tickling!”

And now for my next trick…Nothing Up my sle….oh how did that get there?

2 sticks, now if only we could use 2 pucks

So I get one stick per 3-0 series comebacks? I guess that’s how you “stick” with it!

“As you can see, this Bauer is going to get me a goal!”

Drop your stick in my hand. I dare ya!

One for me… And another for me!

Sharks, Bears, down 3 games I don’t care!

Patrick McManaman
May 1st, 2014 at 3:45 pm

“Hey hey hey!! Put those Fleer Showcase packs over here”

Ready, steady, PUCK!!

“Yeah, right there man, scratch righttttt under my arm. I think Carter was wear my jersey before the game, must’ve got a fungus!”

Figure Skating has nothing on me I am the king of the ice

Not in the face….Not in the face….Not in the face….

“Bow For Applause”

“I Just Wanna Go Fast” Rickey Bobby

Too many circles around the net… Get out of my way, I’m gonna be sick!!!

Once again, Mike screws up the “C” in YMCA…

Ok you are right. I would make a lousy figure skater!

No I am not ticklish there…now get your stick away from me

Come on ref! Do I have to fall for the call!!!

last one in don’t get pizza, see ya guys!

“Hey! Who stole the ads off the boards!?”

“LA is this way!”

Is that what I think it is? Yes, its the ticket to the Stanley Cup!

I am leaning towards winning a Cup in La!

Hey, do me a favor and reach up with your stick and scratch my arm.

Is that yellow ice?!?!? Come on guys who couldn’t hold it?

Michelle Catalano
May 1st, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Duh which way did he go George? Which way did he go?

Nick Mikulicich Jr.
May 1st, 2014 at 9:36 pm

And voila, a right angle.

Move out of the way! I want to be the Bucciovertimechallenge winner.

Yes ! Where’s Crosby and the Pens ? Oh yea we came back from down 3 & there golfing ! Rookies ROCK !!!

Congrats to Brian Hutchison on his witty comment this week scoring him 5 packs of 2013-14 NHL® Fleer Showcase! Thanks to everyone who participated and be sure to come back next week with your comical captions!