SEARCH THE UPPER DECK BLOG
By now most Canadian hockey fans have studied the list of participating retailers and mapped out their routes to get their free National Hockey Card Day packs on Saturday, February 9. Now it is just a matter of hoping the weather cooperates for many regions in Canada so fans can score those collectible packs. Please use care while traveling if weather is less than ideal in your area. And since it will be difficult for some collectors to get out and visit their trading card shop, we want to make it worth your while.
We know that our fans love free trading cards, but they love FREE AUTOGRAPH trading cards even more! Upper Deck has put together a small allotment of autographed Team Canada cards from players like Casey Cizikas, Marcus Foligno, Jonathan Bernier, Jamie Benn, Adam Henrique, Tyson Barrie, Cody Eakin, Ryan Ellis, Brayden Schenn & Sean Couturier to use with Canadian fans on National Hockey Card Day. Here’s how it will work:
1) Head out to your favorite shop to score your free National Hockey Card Day pack or retailer to get your free National Hockey Card Day blow-up card.
2) Take a picture with your camera or camera phone (preferably at the shop or retail location) showing how much you love taking part in National Hockey Card Day.
3) From there you just need to either post the image to Upper Deck’s National Hockey Card Day Facebook page, Tweet it to us @UpperDeckHockey on Twitter using #NHCD or email it to us at UpperDeckMarketing@upperdeck.com with one (only 1) sentence as to why you love National Hockey Card Day by Monday, February 11 at 11:00 a.m.
4) Upper Deck will select thirty (30) collectors who most skillfully portray their love for Upper Deck’s National Hockey Card Day in their posts to receive one of these autographed cards. Click HERE for an example of what people have done in the past with regard to their photos.
Are you a Canadian who doesn’t have a hobby shop nearby to participate in the National Hockey Card Day promotion? Wondering how you can get your FREE pack? Don’t worry, Upper Deck has you covered! We have allotted a small allocation of National Hockey Card Day packs with our hobby partners to help Canadian hockey fans take part in the promotion. There are two stipulations in order to score a free pack this way however:
1) You MUST live in Canada.
2) You MUST NOT have a hobby or retail location within 30 miles of your home. Yes, we will be checking so if you are unsure, make sure to check the shop locator.
If you meet the two above restrictions, send us the following information via email at UpperDeckMarketing@upperdeck.com for your opportunity to get a free National Hockey Card Day pack from one of Upper Deck’s hobby partners while supplies last.
Email Subject Line: 2013 NHCD Canadian Free Pack Request
Email Body: Please include your full name, address, city, province, postal code and phone number and one (1) sentence as to why you would like someone to open up a trading card store in your hometown. Please double check your shipping information in particular because if the address is not correct, you won’t receive your pack!
Upper Deck will work with our hobby partners to provide at least one pack, per household while supplies last. Upper Deck is not responsible for lost mail. Please be patient for delivery. Emails must be received by Monday, February 11 at 11:00 a.m.
If you live outside of Canada and are looking to score some of these great National Hockey Card Day packs, your best bet would be to trade with other collectors. In years prior many collectors have had success brokering trades with fans through the National Hockey Card Day Facebook Page or through online trading card communities. If worse comes to worse, you can probably even pick up some of the cards from Canadian collectors through online auction sites like eBay. Upper Deck is only distributing these packs to residents in Canada however so you’ll need to work through Canadian collectors to get your packs if you live outside the region. If you live in the USA, don’t worry, your National Hockey Card Day promotion is coming soon enough!