New 2012-13 NHL O-Pee-Chee Wrapper Redemption Program Announced for CanadaBy
If you live in Canada and are planning to open HOBBY packs of 2012-13 NHL O-Pee-Chee when it releases on August 14, Upper Deck has an exciting promotion you will certainly want to be a part of. Canadian collectors are invited to collect an extremely limited set of 2012-13 NHL O-Pee-Chee just for purchasing their product through an Upper Deck Certified Diamond Dealer in Canada. A special red-bordered version of the entire 600-card set and a unique 50-card All-Star set will be available for collectors to claim through a wrapper redemption program. Here is how it works:
- Purchase HOBBY packs of 2012-13 O-Pee-Chee NHL and collect the empty wrappers.
- Submit groups of 50 HOBBY wrappers from 2012-13 O-Pee-Chee NHL to an Upper Deck Certified Diamond Dealer (CDD) in Canada.
- The CDD will send in groups of 50 HOBBY wrappers for their customers to Upper Deck’s Canadian Fulfillment Center. Shipping information will be provided directly to Upper Deck’s network of Certified Diamond Dealers in Canada.
- Upper Deck will send one six-card pack for every 50 HOBBY wrappers received consisting of five red-bordered O-Pee-Chee parallel cards and one All-Star card.
- CDD will contact their customers to come pick up their packs when they arrive back at the shop.
Since O-Pee-Chee is a brand with strong Canadian roots, this promotion will only be offered in Canada. Individual collectors cannot send their HOBBY wrappers in, they must be sent in through an Upper Deck Certified Diamond Dealer in Canada. These packs are limited and this offer is good while supplies last. Upper Deck will issue a “last call” warning when inventory on these packs nears depletion. There are no charges tied to receiving these packs from Upper Deck although some shops may request a nominal shipping and handling fee to send the wrappers in to Upper Deck’s Canadian Fulfillment Center. Packs have been produced and are available for immediate shipping.
We reached out to Wayne Wagner from Wayne’s Sports Cards in Edmonton, AB and he had this to say on the promotion, “This could possibly be the parallel set of the year. With the redemption process being 50 hobby wrappers per pack it will be interesting to see how many of die-hard O-Pee-Chee set builders attempt this set. These cards will command some great value in the secondary market. Do not be surprised to see wrappers selling at for significant dollars as well.”
Upper Deck really wants to see collectors chase this set so to encourage them to do so, the company is offering two groups of special prizing for those who can capture all of these cards. In 2012-13 NHL Upper Deck Series Two, 50 new red-bordered update cards from the set can be found consisting of 10 veteran players and 40 rookies. These cards will be very difficult to pull.